MrJackDaniels
Top Kicker
Top Kicker

Re: 10 Years of Botting experience and what you may learn from it

Post by MrJackDaniels » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:26 am

RandomName wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:30 pm
Mr JD,

I believe I saw it in another thread, but it wasn't clear to me....

You play MTTs with re-entry, but not rebuy / addons? Is that right?

I mainly ask because a large amount of the tournaments I see are re-entry. If I don't play those, my options are a bit more limited.
That is correct. The difference between those formats is pretty simple. Re-Entries generally has a limited amount of entries. So players tend not to go cracy pushin every single hand allin, as they do at the unlimited rebuys.

rem54
Flush draw
Flush draw

Post by rem54 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:56 pm

MrJackDaniels wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:26 am

That is correct. The difference between those formats is pretty simple. Re-Entries generally has a limited amount of entries. So players tend not to go cracy pushin every single hand allin, as they do at the unlimited rebuys.
Actually the difference in re-entry is you lost your stack and are starting fresh with a single buy in worth of chips. A rebuy can be done at anytime and just adds chips to your stack.

This allows you to buy a double or triple stack at the start of the tournament and play as the table chip leader and push everyone around. Another way the system s used is to wait until the last minute before late entry ends, rebuy and purchase the addon. This generally results in an average stack close too the bubble and almost an ITM guarantee.

The downside to using these strategies is you generally need to move well up towards the final table to break even but they either avoid a lot of early play or put you way ahead during it.

MrJackDaniels
Top Kicker
Top Kicker

Post by MrJackDaniels » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:26 pm

I already heard of this strategy in the shanky forum. But IMO this is not worth it, because if you tripple up + addon, this equals to 4 BIs. So if you use a pretty conservative BR Management of 400+ BIs, you need a BR of atleast $1600 to play $1 rebuys. It should have atleast a GTD pricepool of $400. With a standard payout range of lets say 25% for first place, this hit will give you $100 in return, which is equal to 25 BIs. On MTTs this is simply not enough to cover variance.

NotEC3
First blood
First blood

Post by NotEC3 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:50 pm

Where did you get the KGB profile from, here or on the original site?

MrJackDaniels
Top Kicker
Top Kicker

Post by MrJackDaniels » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:00 am

I am a customer of the original coder.

NotEC3
First blood
First blood

Post by NotEC3 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:28 pm

MrJackDaniels wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:00 am
I am a customer of the original coder.
That was going to be my guess. I bought the WebMTTAgg Gen2 profile since it was cheaper and somewhat newer it appears. Hoping it can get good results as well. Thanks for the reply.

NotEC3
First blood
First blood

Post by NotEC3 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:37 am

Follow-up question for you. Do you use Pokertracker 4 and go in each day and manually adjust the tournament results so you can get an accurate graph? Curious as to how you manage that with 30+ a day. Thanks again!

MrJackDaniels
Top Kicker
Top Kicker

Post by MrJackDaniels » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:19 am

Just fire up PT4 and Import while playing; disable HUD. At the end of my daily session, I gonna review hands I lost a lot of chips, to make sure the bot played correctly. Graph wise, i only care about BB/100. For results you can use sharkscope or pokerprolabs.

rem54
Flush draw
Flush draw

Post by rem54 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:11 pm

I manually fix pt4. FWIW

NotEC3
First blood
First blood

Post by NotEC3 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:27 pm

MrJackDaniels wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:19 am
Just fire up PT4 and Import while playing; disable HUD. At the end of my daily session, I gonna review hands I lost a lot of chips, to make sure the bot played correctly. Graph wise, i only care about BB/100. For results you can use sharkscope or pokerprolabs.
So basically this?
bb-100.png
bb-100.png (7.71 KiB) Viewed 12 times
And you don't even sweat adding the results into PT4? That sounds lot easier than plugging in results for 30MTT's daily.