Exploiting specific opponent X

Coding-related discussion: OpenPPL (Poker Programming Language) and internal OpenHoldem-script
LuckyCharlie
Top Kicker
Top Kicker

Exploiting specific opponent X

Post by LuckyCharlie » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:40 pm

Hello guys!

Playing quite a lot of SnG's for a month I found that there are a lot of regular players and I know how to exploit them and not be exploited by them.
However my bot cannot do that (yet?)

After analysis of opponent tendencies in a room and limit I play I found quite a lot of regulars who E.G. never 3bet with lower than two pairs OR never fold with FlushDraw, OESD, two OverCards on flop and so on.

There are a lot of strategies I would like to apply versus such players, but I want my bot apply those only VS specific player knowing their NickNames.

Is it possible to do? My room is anonymous so PT4 stats wont help, but even if - I don't want bot to use specific strategy in general, but only VS well known players with NickName X.

RandomName
Top Kicker
Top Kicker

Re: Exploiting specific opponent X

Post by RandomName » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:51 am

How can a player be anonymous and have a Nickname?

Alex
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alex » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:36 am

i think it's not documented anywhere, but there is chair$XXX function, that returns chair number of opponent with nickname "XXX". So after you know his chair number, you can use it in your code anyway you want.
You can experiment with it in ManualMode.
But RandomName is right, it won't work if table is anonymous and it does not show nicknames

LuckyCharlie
Top Kicker
Top Kicker

Post by LuckyCharlie » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:38 am

I just realised that only cashgames are anonymous, while tournaments are not. So should be fine!

Alex, thanks a lot! Will play with this function, very helpful!