Dynamo - main thread

Discussing existing profiles, trading your own profiles
BotJunkie
First blood
First blood

Re: Dynamo - main thread

Post by BotJunkie » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:11 am

Hello good afternoon
Every day I enter the forum to check if the profiles I have bought have evolved to improve. Maybe this is too much, but could you comment on the date plans that you have set for the Dynamo profile
regards

Alex
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alex » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:26 pm

froggy is author of Dynamo, so only if he can tell something..

froggy
Botter for life
Botter for life

Post by froggy » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:40 pm

Someone please find a cure for this virus OR send my wife and kids to work. I will be able to work on the profile when I have some privacy. I'm totally speculating, but I'm hoping I can begin at the end of July based on rumors of a re-opening at my wife's job.
“Life is not always a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.” ― Jack London

BotJunkie
First blood
First blood

Post by BotJunkie » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:15 pm

Well I'm sorry, because I believe that until there is an effective vaccine, we will all be with the emergency throughout the world, perhaps by the spring of 2021.
My best wishes to you and your family, I hope that isolation reduces the virus so we can work
Well I wait for your news

froggy
Botter for life
Botter for life

Post by froggy » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:19 pm

BotJunkie wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:15 pm
Well I'm sorry, because I believe that until there is an effective vaccine, we will all be with the emergency throughout the world, perhaps by the spring of 2021.
My best wishes to you and your family, I hope that isolation reduces the virus so we can work
Well I wait for your news
Thank you. I appreciate your kind words.
“Life is not always a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.” ― Jack London

froggy
Botter for life
Botter for life

Post by froggy » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:49 pm

I know that I may be opening up a can of worms by asking this, but how are you guys doing? =)

Things are relatively busy with me, but I'm itching to make some modifications to the profile. I haven't been able to "play" AT ALL! ... I share the office with the wife, and if I have time to "play" poker, I should be doing other "more productive" things. lol. :snooty:

Anyways, I'm curious if there are any issues or requests that I can provide as a quick fix... let me know, I want to slowly get myself back in the groove of servicing my clientele as long it's manageable. Above all else, I hope everyone is healthy and in good spirits.

mhallx93

Post by mhallx93 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:15 am

Hi, i just purchased and started using dynamo on sng 6max don been hitting 60% w/l and that is great!What is the highest stake this profile can perform at without failure? I currently am playing nl10.

froggy
Botter for life
Botter for life

Post by froggy » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:02 pm

mhallx93 wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:15 am
Hi, i just purchased and started using dynamo on sng 6max don been hitting 60% w/l and that is great!What is the highest stake this profile can perform at without failure? I currently am playing nl10.
What I found is that this really depends on the type of players at the table. What I found was that moving up in stake results in two profound differences in player characteristics. 1. Higher stakes players bluff less 2. When they do bluff, it's calculated. Dynamo also calculates its bluff with C-betting and the occasional river bluff, but it doesn't know how to handle bluffs when our hand rank is lower than a certain threshold. The only way I see this as a possibility is to create a range calculation in the beginning and remove possible hole cards as betting ensues, but that's a really big task with its own set of problems.

Another thing is that higher stakes players take meticulous notes. We don't like that, because the bot can, and will be exploited by these players. For example, "playerABC always C-bets in late position". Well, that player can now raise the C-bet and 75% of the time we fold, 25% of the time we call, and now the opponent has a really good read on our hand strength. These are the things that must be considered before jumping up in stakes.

I used to make a killing on Bovada (before I was banned) because of their anonymity feature... I played $20 DON and $25 Triple-Ups there and won 70%+. So, it really depends on the circumstances.

I hope this information is useful.

mhallx93

Post by mhallx93 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:51 pm

Yes, thank you very much for the information froggy! Great profile btw, It is a beast on SNG! Do you think a smaller bankroll is okay to use with it since the win rate is high? I currently use 35 BI on nl10 but feel I could use less optimistically.

froggy
Botter for life
Botter for life

Post by froggy » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:51 pm

mhallx93 wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:51 pm
Yes, thank you very much for the information froggy! Great profile btw, It is a beast on SNG! Do you think a smaller bankroll is okay to use with it since the win rate is high? I currently use 35 BI on nl10 but feel I could use less optimistically.
Thank you! I'm glad you like the profile! As far as the bankroll question goes, I think common bankroll management should be practiced with most strategies. That's just my opinion though. The ups and downs of poker (variance) can be pretty high. I've had times when variance really did a number on my bankroll. (AA < KK type of situations, multiple times). So, with that in mind, I would suggest having a sufficient cushion.