Help in writing

Coding-related discussion: OpenPPL (Poker Programming Language) and internal OpenHoldem-script
claudioxxx
First blood
First blood

Help in writing

Post by claudioxxx »

I need to tell the bot that one list must fold it if it raises in a certain position preflop, and another list that it must call only if the raises do not exceed 6% of my stack and then always beep preflop and in certain positions .... could you give me the commands please?

EXMP. when list raise x2 fold force
when list2 >6% stack call force

i know it's not correct it was just to make people understand what i'm looking for, i'm a newbie
maxxous
Low pair
Low pair

Re: Help in writing

Post by maxxous »

It's easier to tell the bot what to call or raise than to say when to fold ... At the end of your preflop you write
WHEN Others
WHEN Others Fold FORCE

It will fold everything you haven't written, but the command is the one there

WHEN list_XXX AND LastRaiserPosition = 8 (For the example I take a raise from a UTG position but 0=BB or 1=SB or 3=BU or 4=CO...) Fold FORCE

For the Second

WHEN list_XXX AND AmountToCall <= 6% StackSize Call FORCE
claudioxxx
First blood
First blood

Post by claudioxxx »

thank you
claudioxxx
First blood
First blood

Post by claudioxxx »

sorry can you show me a guide to create a profile from 0 and with all the commands ? because what you wrote to me and ok but I can not go on
maxxous
Low pair
Low pair

Post by maxxous »

RTFM ... :lol:

So take a look at your Gaming Tool folder and open OpenPPLManual or look here ...
https://documentation.help/OpenPPL/documentation.pdf

You will not make a winning profile in 2 days, you will need to understand each order, you can also look at the free shanky profile side to show you how it works. (You won't be able to copy paste without doing some modifications for OpenHoldem, but nothing bad)

If you ever have any doubts you can post.
Alex
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alex »

claudioxxx wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:20 pm sorry can you show me a guide to create a profile from 0 and with all the commands ? because what you wrote to me and ok but I can not go on
after you learn OpenPPL Manual, explore profiles that you have, like "King of the ring", to see how this programming language is used in practice.
Don't expect it to be very simple, all profiles contain thousands of code lines, so.. Take your time :geek:
claudioxxx
First blood
First blood

Post by claudioxxx »

thank you very much I have read the guide and I have created all the pre flop part of the bot already with yesterday's tournament playing myself only from the flop onwards I have made a 20 place on 180 players 50 euro buy in ... there is a command that I can not to insert that is when an opponent raises I can not make three bets of the raise I tried with the BetSize command but it gives me in error ... can you help me? another thing is it normal that even if I have not programmed the flop turn and river the bot acts the same by passing every raise and checking?
maxxous
Low pair
Low pair

Post by maxxous »

For Post Flop, Gecko (the default bot in OH) takes over, I do not recommend modifying Gecko directly.
For your order, you mean this ?
Hero: raise
Villain: raise
Hero: reraise

If this is it:

WHEN BotsLastAction = Raise AND Raises > = 1 RaiseBy 3 or RaiseMin or RaiseMax... FORCE
claudioxxx
First blood
First blood

Post by claudioxxx »

I mean
me: check
her: raise (1000)
i: raise x3 (3000)
when listppppp AND?
another thing for the turn and river flop how do you advise me to program it directly from the turn and river flop or by simplifying the writing via user Defined Functions?
maxxous
Low pair
Low pair

Post by maxxous »

WHEN list_XXX AND BotsLastAction = Call AND Raises > = 1 RaiseBy 3 FORCE

Directly from flop, turn and river.