10 Years of Botting experience and what you may learn from it

General poker bot related discussions
NotEC3
Top Kicker
Top Kicker

Re: 10 Years of Botting experience and what you may learn from it

Post by NotEC3 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:19 pm

What are your thoughts on add-ons? Most MTTs these days have an add-on, which the bot is obviously not able to do. If a site only runs add-on MTTs, can we still beat it over time?

MrJackDaniels
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by MrJackDaniels » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:58 am

NotEC3 wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:19 pm
What are your thoughts on add-ons? Most MTTs these days have an add-on, which the bot is obviously not able to do. If a site only runs add-on MTTs, can we still beat it over time?
Yes, but you need to keep in mind, that the add-on counts to your BI. Check this with your BR management, IT those are still within your BR

NotEC3
Top Kicker
Top Kicker

Post by NotEC3 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:37 am

I'm sorry, I mean not taking the add-on and playing it just as a 1 buy-in MTT. Are we at too much of a disadvantage if the rest of the field adds on and we dont? Just because theres no way to automate that at present.

MrJackDaniels
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by MrJackDaniels » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:58 am

NotEC3 wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:37 am
I'm sorry, I mean not taking the add-on and playing it just as a 1 buy-in MTT. Are we at too much of a disadvantage if the rest of the field adds on and we dont? Just because theres no way to automate that at present.
If you lose a lot places to the avg field, avoid them. If you are still at avg stack after add-on period, go for it.

Beastie
Fish
Fish

Post by Beastie » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:15 pm

Nice post, keep those updates coming

jonny
First blood
First blood

Post by jonny » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:31 pm

Using the WebMTT AGG, I have 2 questions for you guys:

1- When you want to set up for all the feautured slow or regular tournaments like deepstack, the big 1$, superstack or progressive KO, if you would want to use 1 profile and just let the bot play them all, what values would you put in the blinds that could cover all of them and would work fine? I cannot change profiles between tournaments for security reasons I do not want to bring the bot to the front, I keep it minimized.

2- What Buy in amounts of tournaments would you consider that this profile generates profit? 1$, 3$, 10$, 50$?

MrJackDaniels
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by MrJackDaniels » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:57 pm

jonny wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:31 pm

1- When you want to set up for all the feautured slow or regular tournaments like deepstack, the big 1$, superstack or progressive KO, if you would want to use 1 profile and just let the bot play them all, what values would you put in the blinds that could cover all of them and would work fine? I cannot change profiles between tournaments for security reasons I do not want to bring the bot to the front, I keep it minimized.

2- What Buy in amounts of tournaments would you consider that this profile generates profit? 1$, 3$, 10$, 50$?
Answer to 1: check this: https://forum.warbotpoker.com/viewtopic ... t=70#p4025

For 2, it should do fine up to $50. But I recommend a BR of atleast $20k to play them

jonny
First blood
First blood

Post by jonny » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:10 am

MrJackDaniels wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:57 pm
jonny wrote:

For 2, it should do fine up to $50. But I recommend a BR of atleast $20k to play them
I didn't completely understand. So for now I can only use the profile for the ~2000 chips starting tournaments if I don't recode it? Could you please try to explain in more detail what I would have to change and where or is that too much work for you? I am trying to follow all the bankroll rules and I bought KGB and WebTTAMG Gen2 and neither of them seems to be able to play all the different stack tournaments

MrJackDaniels
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by MrJackDaniels » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:52 am

jonny wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:10 am
MrJackDaniels wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:57 pm
jonny wrote:

I didn't completely understand. So for now I can only use the profile for the ~2000 chips starting tournaments if I don't recode it? Could you please try to explain in more detail what I would have to change and where or is that too much work for you? I am trying to follow all the bankroll rules and I bought KGB and WebTTAMG Gen2 and neither of them seems to be able to play all the different stack tournaments
This structure is for trubo SNGs or MTTs with a starting stack of 1.5k chips

// User Game Stage
WHEN BigBlindSize < 80 SET user_Game_Early
WHEN BigBlindSize >= 80 AND BigBlindSize <= 200 SET user_Game_Middle
WHEN BigBlindSize > 200 SET user_Game_Late

But if you want to code stuff like usable for every tournament and Stack/Speed structure, you cannot use blindsizes. So you have to think of another way to do it, because every speed type and starting stack structure has different game stages.

For example at the on demand SNGs at ACR it would look like this, as they have a starting stack of 30k:
// User Game Stage
WHEN BigBlindSize < 1800 SET user_Game_Early
WHEN BigBlindSize >= 1800 AND BigBlindSize <= 6000 SET user_Game_Middle
WHEN BigBlindSize > 6000 SET user_Game_Late

But keep in mind, that there are more variables in the profile you have to change this way, as webber defined actions like this for preflop, flop, turn and river.

jonny
First blood
First blood

Post by jonny » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:59 am

Which tourneys would you think it can be used and be effective as it is, without any changes, as for the stack sizes? Would it for example handle the 3000 starting ones or is that already out of its "effectiveness" range?