10 Years of Botting experience and what you may learn from it

General poker bot related discussions
MrJackDaniels
Dangerous
Dangerous
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:49 pm

Re: 10 Years of Botting experience and what you may learn from it

Post by MrJackDaniels » Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:03 am

You should be fine with all MTTs starting with 10/20 blinds reaching 70% fieldsize at 80 and 30% at 200 in avg. For MTTs there is no general guideline, as of the high variation of gamestructures across the supported rooms.

I personally use specific adjusted profiles for each MTT on my schedule

RandomName
Top Kicker
Top Kicker
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:01 pm

Re: 10 Years of Botting experience and what you may learn from it

Post by RandomName » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:10 pm

@ MrJD,

For some reason I thought that you used KGB more than WebMTTAgg. But if you've edited WebMTTAgg so much (as you mentioned in the ICM thread), I'm guessing I'm wrong. I'm thinking about digging into one of the two profiles more deeply and doing a lot of re-work. Is there a reason you picked one over the other to re-code? Just a matter of playing style? Or did you find one easier to re-code? I'm thinking WebMTTAgg might be easier since it has early / middle / late coding right out of the gate. And it has bubble code. And it has HU nash code.

MrJackDaniels
Dangerous
Dangerous
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:49 pm

Re: 10 Years of Botting experience and what you may learn from it

Post by MrJackDaniels » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:18 am

I used WebMTT as it is the more agressive one. The ICM Code is designed for turbo SNGs which is in the end less work as it would be with KGB.

But as I already mentioned in the ICM project. I changed a hell lot of it

LuckyCharlie
Top Kicker
Top Kicker
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:23 pm

Re: 10 Years of Botting experience and what you may learn from it

Post by LuckyCharlie » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:00 am

jonny wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:59 am
Which tourneys would you think it can be used and be effective as it is, without any changes, as for the stack sizes? Would it for example handle the 3000 starting ones or is that already out of its "effectiveness" range?
Profile wouldn't be effective if it will not play according to stages. E.g. if you will use default blind structure of >80 <= 200 for mid stage and in your tournament late stage will starts, assume, at 600, you'll start to play wide range of hands too early and end up by being busted. Same will happen if you'll increase your blind structure till 600 for mid stage and play tournaments where real late play starts at 200 - you'll play too tight and your stack will be eaten by blinds. So best to play tournaments with properly adjusted profile to get most effective results. Otherwise profile might or might not be effective enough.

LuckyCharlie
Top Kicker
Top Kicker
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:23 pm

Re: 10 Years of Botting experience and what you may learn from it

Post by LuckyCharlie » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:06 am

MrJackDaniels wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:18 am
I used WebMTT as it is the more agressive one. The ICM Code is designed for turbo SNGs which is in the end less work as it would be with KGB.

But as I already mentioned in the ICM project. I changed a hell lot of it
I'm currently working on my ICM code, it's more complicated than I thought! What do you think effected your winrate most, ICM calculations or other adjustments you made to the profile?

MrJackDaniels
Dangerous
Dangerous
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:49 pm

Re: 10 Years of Botting experience and what you may learn from it

Post by MrJackDaniels » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:36 pm

Well ICM is pure preflop play. There is no postflop, as we call an allin or push/fold.

I changed a lot of postflop plays, CBetting adjustments, turn and river code.

Demet
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:25 pm

Re: 10 Years of Botting experience and what you may learn from it

Post by Demet » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:40 pm

Hey. I've heard a lot about kgb and webmtt, but about the tournament profiles mtt monster and shark vadot (universal) very little or no information. I'm wondering how much kgb and webmtt better or worse the profile data is. For example, I have mtt monster and shark vadot and I'm thinking about buying kgb, is it worth doing it or is mtt monster itself not bad?

MrJackDaniels
Dangerous
Dangerous
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:49 pm

Re: 10 Years of Botting experience and what you may learn from it

Post by MrJackDaniels » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:56 pm

Demet wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:40 pm
Hey. I've heard a lot about kgb and webmtt, but about the tournament profiles mtt monster and shark vadot (universal) very little or no information. I'm wondering how much kgb and webmtt better or worse the profile data is. For example, I have mtt monster and shark vadot and I'm thinking about buying kgb, is it worth doing it or is mtt monster itself not bad?
I cannot judge about MTT Monster or Sharkvador, as I don't have those profiles.

Demet
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:25 pm

Re: 10 Years of Botting experience and what you may learn from it

Post by Demet » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:29 pm

MrJackDaniels wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:56 pm
Demet wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:40 pm
Hey. I've heard a lot about kgb and webmtt, but about the tournament profiles mtt monster and shark vadot (universal) very little or no information. I'm wondering how much kgb and webmtt better or worse the profile data is. For example, I have mtt monster and shark vadot and I'm thinking about buying kgb, is it worth doing it or is mtt monster itself not bad?
I cannot judge about MTT Monster or Sharkvador, as I don't have those profiles.
Thanks for the reply. Can here anyone enjoyed these profiles and to share information. Still such question, what at the moment the strongest cash profile for 9 max which you used? Ultragto interesting profile, large and complex code, but you need to make a lot of edits, plays very much variance. Sorry for the bad text, I write through the translator.

LuckyCharlie
Top Kicker
Top Kicker
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:23 pm

Re: 10 Years of Botting experience and what you may learn from it

Post by LuckyCharlie » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:38 pm

Mr J.D.,

Could you share you routine on analysing your SnG game in PT4?

Although I have not done my ICM code yet, I am still developing WebMTT to crush low BI SnGs. All adjustments gave me ITM result of 40% with sample size of 1200 tournaments. I feel like it could do better, but not sure what else to develop.
I am currently going across each tournaments HH and see where play is not optimal. I also filter all hands depending on blind level to see with which stage bot is struggling. There are no major bad decisions, but I might missing something.

And, last question if you do not mind:
What sources do you use when developing SnG strategy? I read quite a lot of different pages about SnG and common advices I'm already using, but some of advices are different, depending on source. Although I understand that in general I should analyse my own game and make my own adjustments, I would like to get more good quality theory as well.

Thank you for your time!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests