10 Years of Botting experience and what you may learn from it

General poker bot related discussions
MrJackDaniels
X-Ray
X-Ray

Re: 10 Years of Botting experience and what you may learn from it

Post by MrJackDaniels » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:29 pm

So first I would go into hands, where you may have lost the most of chips and see what happend. Was it a BadBeat for someone hitting his 2outer on the river or was it because of a bad play. If it was a bad play, check your logs for this hand and identify the codeline which caused the problem (if the bot is working correctly. As if you facing potential reading issues, you know it was not the profile)

Adjust the code as needed.

2nd: Filter for your tournament stages and identify potentional leacks. For example if you do well at early stages but lose a lot in mid stage, you know which stage has to be adjusted.

3rd: ICM. If you lose a lot of chips, because of a push, identify if the ICM push of the bot was correct. For this search the log for the bot's calculated ICM value and run it through SNGWIZZARD or ICMIcer. You also can use the ICM function of PT4. If you get significant different values, your ICM calculations are wrong.

4th. I personally have a high advanced knowledge about these games as I do this for over 10 years now. I read almost every poker strategy book out there for MTTs and SNGs + very indepth experiences of what I saw on the tables. As an additional source, you can discuss specific hands at 2+2 if you are unsure.
Last edited by MrJackDaniels on Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
Be smart. If you can't beat them, join them!

LuckyCharlie
Maniac
Maniac

Post by LuckyCharlie » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:17 pm

You're ace J.D., as always! Thanks for your advice!

Sjekkie
First blood
First blood

Post by Sjekkie » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:29 pm

I got a few questions:

1. How many times should I monitor the Big Blinds and Fieldsize in a tournament to get a good average for calculating the stages in KGB?

2. Are there any other things I need to change in KGB to let it run like it should? Or is changing the stages enough?

3. Will connecting KGB to PokerTracker make a big difference? Or isn't that even possible.

MrJackDaniels
X-Ray
X-Ray

Post by MrJackDaniels » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:23 am

1. The more, the better. The more games you get, the more accurate numbers you get

2. Twaking a profile is a ongoing process as the nature of poker is to adjust your gameplay or strategy as your opponents will do

3. KGB does not use any PT stats

Sjekkie
First blood
First blood

Post by Sjekkie » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:47 am

I have a programming background and would like to learn ppl. But I don't have any tournament poker knowledge, I come from cash games. Do you have any suggestions for up to date tournament guides/books? But in the meantime, do you think that the original and latest version of KGB will perform well on the tables?

MrJackDaniels
X-Ray
X-Ray

Post by MrJackDaniels » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:30 am

KGB and WebMTT need twaeks lately to perform well. There are many good strategy guides out there. If you have a membership at sharcscope for example, you can check out pimpindonks in depth strategy guide. Or what is right now more upcoming is the strategys of upswingpoker

Puncturable

Post by Puncturable » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:17 pm

Thank you for the time you took to write this. This article really sold me on warbot over shanky. And i am going to choose webbers MTT profile as it fits my play style. I have a few more questions that i would love your feedback on. How could i get in contact with you? I will compensate you for your consultation. Shoot me an email please. My email is [deleted]. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

P

Alex
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re:

Post by Alex » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:51 am

Puncturable wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:17 pm
Thank you for the time you took to write this. This article really sold me on warbot over shanky. And i am going to choose webbers MTT profile as it fits my play style. I have a few more questions that i would love your feedback on. How could i get in contact with you? I will compensate you for your consultation. Shoot me an email please. My email is [deleted]. Looking forward to hearing from you.
sorry, no personal contacts on forum

MrJackDaniels
X-Ray
X-Ray

Re:

Post by MrJackDaniels » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:30 am

Puncturable wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:17 pm

Thanks,

P
Feel free to come up with your questions in here.