10 Years of Botting experience and what you may learn from it

General poker bot related discussions
MrJackDaniels
Dangerous
Dangerous

Re: 10 Years of Botting experience and what you may learn from it

Post by MrJackDaniels » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:29 pm

So first I would go into hands, where you may have lost the most of chips and see what happend. Was it a BadBeat for someone hitting his 2outer on the river or was it because of a bad play. If it was a bad play, check your logs for this hand and identify the codeline which caused the problem (if the bot is working correctly. As if you facing potential reading issues, you know it was not the profile)

Adjust the code as needed.

2nd: Filter for your tournament stages and identify potentional leacks. For example if you do well at early stages but lose a lot in mid stage, you know which stage has to be adjusted.

3rd: ICM. If you lose a lot of chips, because of a push, identify if the ICM push of the bot was correct. For this search the log for the bot's calculated ICM value and run it through SNGWIZZARD or ICMIcer. You also can use the ICM function of PT4. If you get significant different values, your ICM calculations are wrong.

4th. I personally have a high advanced knowledge about these games as I do this for over 10 years now. I read almost every poker strategy book out there for MTTs and SNGs + very indepth experiences of what I saw on the tables. As an additional source, you can discuss specific hands at 2+2 if you are unsure.
Last edited by MrJackDaniels on Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:07 am, edited 3 times in total.

LuckyCharlie
Top Kicker
Top Kicker

Re: 10 Years of Botting experience and what you may learn from it

Post by LuckyCharlie » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:17 pm

You're ace J.D., as always! Thanks for your advice!