ACR finally cracking down on bots; might want to withdraw

General poker bot related discussions
rem54
Out of this world
Out of this world

Re: ACR finally cracking down on bots; might want to withdraw

Post by rem54 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:11 pm

Which windows versions are you two running?

I moved my play to a Win 10 VM from Win 7 and resolved the name scraping issues along with the overlapping windows problems.

frogmd
Flush draw
Flush draw

Post by frogmd » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:13 pm

I am using Win 10 VM as well.

As a side question: Rem, what happens when you get 6 Stars? Do you get King-ed as an admin, like Alex? #SettingLifeGoals
“Life is not always a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.” ― Jack London

Alex
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alex » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:18 pm

frogmd wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:13 pm
I am using Win 10 VM as well.

As a side question: Rem, what happens when you get 6 Stars? Do you get King-ed as an admin, like Alex? #SettingLifeGoals
all poker-botting secrets will be revealed, keep posting :)

LuckyCharlie
Maniac
Maniac

Post by LuckyCharlie » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:39 pm

Sorry of OffTopic here, also noticed Rem doing very well, all members of this community should add up and get him a ticked to Sunday Million when he will reach 6 stars. :D

frogmd
Flush draw
Flush draw

Post by frogmd » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:03 pm

LuckyCharlie wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:39 pm
Sorry of OffTopic here, also noticed Rem doing very well, all members of this community should add up and get him a ticked to Sunday Million when he will reach 6 stars. :D
Unless it's an unreachable goal and remains at 5.5 stars forever! :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Life is not always a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.” ― Jack London

rem54
Out of this world
Out of this world

Post by rem54 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:26 pm

I will soon be a deity soaring far above these mortals in the realm of Alex.

RandomName
Flush draw
Flush draw

Post by RandomName » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:07 pm

I just use regular Windows 10 on my laptop. I don't use a VM on the laptop because it slows things down too much. I'm 90% sure, however, that when I use a cloud based VPS, the names get scraped correctly.

Looking into this has actually been high on my list, since I'm really wanting to include PT stats....though I guess I could just use the VPS, but it seemed a little jerky last time I used it. I could probably expand the specs, but trivial as it might seem, I'd rather not spend $2+ a day to run a VPS.

So my plan is to first, confirm that my VPS scraped names look the same as my laptop scraped names. If so, I was going to 1) send a sample to Alex and see if he had any additional suggestions; and 2) look into whether it made sense for me to try to re-create hashes on my laptop -- if my laptop and VPS are getting the same scrape, it seems like it's got to me something about the letter recognition code, and I think that will lead me to hashes.

(Obviously, if the scrapes look different, well, then I have a different issue.)